Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my shot records from my parents and all that's on there are 5 DPTs, 2 MMRs and one hib.
Do I need to get polio, hep a/b?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't know specifically what you need, but I would just take your records into your family doc and ask what you need to get caught up. I did the same thing earlier this year and ended up needing a bunch of stuff (I didn't know you needed a polio booster as an adult!). I actually don't even remember what all I needed, but it was probably 2 or 3 shots, all of which I think were combined vaccines. I had no reactions other than a sore arm for a day or two.

I'd say it's a given they're going to want you to do Hep A and B!

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a primary care doctor. :/ I have medicaid and there's no doctors within 3 hours accepting medicaid patients.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I don't have a primary care doctor. :/ I have medicaid and there's no doctors within 3 hours accepting medicaid patients.
That's shocking. I hope you can find a Doctor soon.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's shocking. I hope you can find a Doctor soon.
Thanks. Being low income has been such an eye opener in so many ways after growing up middle class. At least I know I can go to the er if necessary.

I asked my mom about my missing vaccines and she said I did get them but something must have happened to the records. My dad worked in immunizations when I was that age (medical/military) so who knows what happened to them.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting development, my dad helped me decipher my records a bit better. It seems I did get 5 doses of OPV. I found out I can get caught up on hep B and meningitis at the health department for $22/dose and I'll have to go to the pharmacy and pay $80/dose for hep A. I'm assuming that by the time I start teaching they'll want teachers to prove their vaccines so I'm just thinking ahead. Thanks for the help y'all. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts