Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a new baby and because of health problems she is only able to produce a small amount of milk (about 2 oz per day) and is supplementing with formula. I am considering pumping for her, but I'm hesitant because I don't know how this will affect my body and my lifestyle, and how much difference it would make to the baby.<br><br>
Relevant info about me:<br><br>
-I am not a mother and don't plan to have kids for at least a few more years.<br>
-I am taking a combined hormonal pill for birth control and occasionally take ibuprofen or naproxen for headaches. (I am really not in a position to get pregnant, so effectiveness of BC is very important to me. I also have a history of severe depression, so I have concerns about changing pills)<br>
-I'm finishing grad school soon, so I am very busy and have no idea where I will be living or working in 2-3 months.<br>
-I'm getting married in August and would like to fit into my dress and not leak during the ceremony<br><br>
My friend has ulcerative colitis and took antibiotics several times during the pregnancy. She is worried about her daughter developing the same problem, along with the usual health issues. I'd really appreciate any advice or answers about how often I'd need to pump (i.e. will it affect my sleep schedule and ability to work through the day?), how I can safely use birth control, and what difference it would make to the baby.<br><br>
Thank you

·
Registered
381 Posts
So, you are wanting to induce lactation yourself to give milk to your friend's baby?<br>
Has your friend looked into MilkShare? That would probably be faster and easier for her and you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts