Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a moderatley chunkalicious 4 month old. He's wearing 6-9 mth clothes for length and I guess he weighs about 16 pounds. O.k., for covers we use bumkins (fav for fit and like the nylon), thirsties and prowraps. One thigh, and only one seems to rash VERY easily from contact with any of the covers. The issue isn't the laundering, the fit on some is better than others but none are bad...Is there something these are are made of that could be irritating his skin? Within prob 30 min of his thigh coming into contact w a cover there's a red, raised welt-thing. If he isn't switched to sposies (I know, I hate it too) the welt just spreads and almost thickens. whew, alright, can someone help me here? I can't keep using the sposies.
thanks
f

· Registered
2,124 Posts
Does he have anything else he wears that's polyester? It is possible to be allergic to polyester. It's rare but people can even be allergic to certain colors! A friend of mine was allergic to blue as a child...my point is, yes an allergy is possible.

Wool would be a good option. Can be pricey, but if you can knit or sew you can also make your own.

It's strange that it's only on one leg, but as far as I can tell, wool would be a good solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.