Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm getting lots of mail for my new baby, and I had to share this little gem. It's a letter from Child Profile. I know some of the lovely contributors on this site haven't had small kids in a while, so I'm not sure if you received the same info after your kids were born. Well, this is the garbage we get now. It starts off good- Congratulations on your new baby ...yadda yadda. Then the good stuff :serious:. Here are a few of my favorite points...

--Regular visits to the doctor help keep your baby healthy.

Wow! I'm pretty sure my baby's immune system with the help of me and my breastmilk keeps my baby healthy.

--Checkups are a good time to ask questions about vaccines.

My impression is the only questions about vaccines that are acceptable is what to do to keep baby comfortable and how to keep the fever under control in the hours after the vaccine. Our questions wouldn't be welcome.

--Babies need immunizations.

Ugggghhh. How did my first born make it passed his infancy?

--They recommend 6 vaccines at the 2 month visit. (5 if you did hep b at birth)

Six!! In a little tiny baby. It makes me sick, and it makes me want to cry for these sweet little beings.

--A mother who receives DTaP during pregnancy offers direct protection to her baby for the first few weeks of life.

When did this study happen? I was under the impression that they really didn't know if it offers the baby protection.

The sad thing is this is the only information some (most) parents get. I'm so thankful I started researching and asking questions.

·
Registered
18,937 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'm getting lots of mail for my new baby, and I had to share this little gem. It's a letter from Child Profile. I know some of the lovely contributors on this site haven't had small kids in a while, so I'm not sure if you received the same info after your kids were born. Well, this is the garbage we get now. It starts off good- Congratulations on your new baby ...yadda yadda. Then the good stuff :serious:. Here are a few of my favorite points...

--Regular visits to the doctor help keep your baby healthy.

Wow! I'm pretty sure my baby's immune system with the help of me and my breastmilk keeps my baby healthy.

--Checkups are a good time to ask questions about vaccines.

My impression is the only questions about vaccines that are acceptable is what to do to keep baby comfortable and how to keep the fever under control in the hours after the vaccine. Our questions wouldn't be welcome.

--Babies need immunizations.

Ugggghhh. How did my first born make it passed his infancy?

--They recommend 6 vaccines at the 2 month visit. (5 if you did hep b at birth)

Six!! In a little tiny baby. It makes me sick, and it makes me want to cry for these sweet little beings.

--A mother who receives DTaP during pregnancy offers direct protection to her baby for the first few weeks of life.

When did this study happen? I was under the impression that they really didn't know if it offers the baby protection.

The sad thing is this is the only information some (most) parents get. I'm so thankful I started researching and asking questions.
Sounds to me like you are a heretic!

How dare you question the religion of vaccination?

Congratulations on keeping your babies healthy and dodging the people who want to jab them with all kinds of unhelpful gunk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts