Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>just have to vent: i am so totally OVER listening to dads with kids give me unsolicited advice about being pregnant. it's one thing to give me parenting advice (although i'm not overly thrilled about that either, since everyone has their idea of the "only right way to do things"), but all of these dads keep telling me stuff that i should be doing/feeling during MY pregnancy! like they're experts just because they had a pregnant partner at one point. listen, i get it, you were very involved in your wife's pregnancy and now you want to share all of the experiences with me for my benefit. unfortunately for you, i do not want to hear it. i don't want to hear about how "my back is going to be killing me pretty soon", or how i should "wait a couple weeks and you're gonna have to pee every 5 minutes!". one lovely gentleman i spoke to last night shared the little known fact that "pregnancy is super easy! everybody makes such a big deal out of it, but it's a breeze!". why, thanks sir! i had no idea you knew so much about something you have never experienced!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ok, i'm done. sorry, just feeling extremely frustrated today.</p>

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow that would be annoying! ! I've never experienced that:) one time some guy was in line at the store behind me and I only had my youngest with me, who was being a little crazy, and he said the dreaded, "you've got your hands full". I really laughed at that one, thinking you have no idea-two are at home!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts