Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie to knitting my own soakers/shorts/longies. I'm looking for patterns with yarn suggestions (links please) how much/needle size, etc.

Especially looking for beginner friendly soaker and longie patterns.

Help me get started...before I lose my motivation.
Thanks!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I recommend Little Turtle Knits. littleturtleknits.com Her hybrid rib soaker was the very first thing I ever knitted and I had no problem with the directions. However, if you have a buddha-bellied baby I wouldn't recommend the hybrid rib soaker. Her picky pants pattern also is easy to follow and has directions for shorts and capris also. I haven't tried any of her other soaker patterns so I don't know anything about them. LTK also has lovely soft handpainted yarn.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
woolywonder is

patterns should give you needle sizes and the yarn weights(thickness) and amounts as well. you need yarn that is all or mostly wool for soakers etc.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Another for the Wooly Wonder! I love every pattern I have from Pamela... my favorites of all time.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I actually love love love the everlasting soaker pattern from wooly wonder but haven't loved the wonderpants and or perfection pants. On the other hand, I didn't love the LTK soaker pattern but I LOVE the picky pants. You just have to try them all, lol!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mama's!

Just spent the last of my paypal purchasing the LTK soaker pattern...I'm going to try it, but not without a lot of help!

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts