Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a first-time poster but I've been a lurker for a little while.

My husband and I are looking for an adoption attorney and would love any information anyone might have. We're planning to do either a private or agency-assisted domestic newborn adoption.

If you have had experience (good or bad) with any of the following attorneys, I'd love to hear from you! Likewise, if you have another attorney to recommend in the Chicago area, that would be great.

Shelley Ballard
Dana Corman
Nidhi Desai
H. Joseph Gitlin
Kathleen Hogan Morrison
Michelle M. Hughes
Richard Lifshitz
Sheila Maloney
Denise J. Patton
Sally Wildman

I'm not sure if this forum allows posts about attorneys, so please feel free to PM me if you need to.

Thanks much! I'm excited to get more involved in this awesome community of mamas!

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
I'm assuming MDC will take the same position about attorneys as about birth/medical professionals--if anyone has anything negative to say about anyone, please keep it within PM communication (but without 'announcing' that you PM'd since then everyone will assume it is negative).

Thanks!
:

·
Registered
790 Posts
We used someone in Giltin's office (I can't remember his name) for our readoption after adopting from China. He was extremely thorough. Every detail accounted for. If you would like more detasils please pm me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone! The list I included is from the AAAA website -- we're definitely planning on going with an AAAA attorney.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who is open to sharing, too!

Thanks,
Jeani

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.