Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd and I co-sleep and have since she was born. She is now just over 2 years. My husband sleeps mainly in the guestroom and has not much experience with her when it comes to sleep/nap, because I have always been the one to get her down to sleep b/c of BF....she is weaned at naps completely, but still nurses 1-3 times per night......my question is this....I am leaving soon to go on a weekend trip to CA to my twin brother's wedding. I will be gone Fri night, all day Saturday and get back late Sunday night. I am very worried as to how DD is going to react to this Mommy departure. We have only been separated once in her life, when she was 7 months old b/c I was hospitalized for pneumonia.....anyway -- I am trying to think of ways to make it easier on my dh and on her so the "sleeping times" aren't so bad while I am gone....not so sure the days won't be a little difficut either, since I care for her most of the time anyway.....any suggestions....I have thought of taping my voice reading some of her favorite stories to her and singing her naptime/bedtime songs.....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to have a practice night very soon- that way she can get used to a shorter absense before you have to be gone two days. Will dh be sleeping with dd while you are gone? I'll bet she'd prefer that to being alone.

Maybe you can have a sleepover at a friend's house, with the option to return home in the middle of the night if dd has a breakdown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts