Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to go 'sugar free' but avoiding those 'sweetners' so since they state splenda is a natural sugar is it really ?

Would cane sugar be considered a natural sugar w/o chemicals ?

I want to end up avoiding 'soda' , all this chocolate stuff but I can't stop from eating it.

So I was wondering how do you guys 'do the avoidance of full sugar free stuff ?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the first week I had do a complete avoidence of all sugar and artificial sugar. So no processed or prepackaged foods and no sweeteners of any kind. Just raw or lightly steamed veggies, raw fruit and a little grilled lean meat. I also kept myself to no more than 3 fruit servings a day.

Since then, I've held to low glycemin index foods. The skittles cravings were gone by day 21. Now I'll add in some artificial sweeteners and honey and after 30 days I'll keep mid GI foods to only after eating low GI first to slow the load.

as for splenda; it really does not seem very close to sugar to me
no matter what the ads say
:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
read doctor merocla's take on splenda. i don't remember the details or i'd post them for you. the bottom line is, that stuff ain't good.

~Nay

http://www.mercola.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.