Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be way TMI for some!

After my other kids were born, I didn't get AF back until they were almost 2 yrs old. I vaguely remember the first few cycles were heavier then normal & not always consistent but they eventually evened out. I usually had 3 days of dark heavy bleeding and then a day or two of scant spotting.

Now, since my 4th pregnancy and loss, I got AF back 40 days afterwards. I'm currently having my second AF. Both have been quite different then previously. I had a day or two of spotting before hand. My flow has been really inconsistent & gushy. Sometimes when I stand up, it just floods everywhere. Instead of being dark, it is thin and bright red. It started 8 days ago with 2 days of spotting, so I guess technically I am on day 6 of AF. It just seems weird to me that it is going on for so long.

My doctor did start me on baby asprin, folic acid, B6 & B12 to prevent clotting. I'm wondering if this is doing a number on how I experience AF? Is this how it is going to be now that my blood is thinner. I though my prior experience was 'normal' but maybe this is how AF is supposed to be?

Argh. My body is bugging me. Now I'm worried that my blood is so thin that any baby that tries to implant will just slide right out of me.
:

·
Registered
322 Posts
when i was going to a chinese dr. for acupuncture (he was licensed in both chinese and western medicine)
he said a dark and clumpy and crampy period was not healthy
so maybe it's not the AF you are used but maybe it actually means you are on the right path?

it is so hard to trust our bodies after the kind of loss we've experienced
i really feel doubtful my body can make, nurture and have a baby
but it doesn't make it true

be good to yourself
s

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.