Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just began charting mythird cycle with FF, so maybe I don't know enough about my cycles, but I'm confused as to why my temps are still as high as they are??? My first chart from September shows a temp fall from 98.68 the day before AF to 96.45 the day I got my period...

But my latest complete chart hardly dropped below my coverline the day I got my period, and has actually stayed ABOVE my coverline since then??

Anyone have any experience with temps not falling much after AF arrives? I'm certain I'm having a regular period, though it's not very heavy...

I am confused!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Well, a while back I started a thread asking if anyone had got their "AF" but found out that they were actually pregnant during that time....and there were quite a few people that said that they either knew someone, or they themselves had a few periods, (during their normal monthly time) during the first few months of pregnancy.

....all that to say, just in case, I'd take a pregnancy test, esp. if your temps are up for 18 days.

...and I'll see if I can find that thread for you.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
For me, this varies from month to month, but sometimes it takes a few days into my period for my temps to dip below the cover line, though they usually are gradually dropping during that time, rather than keeping a sustained high. I think this is considered a variation of normal.

If you are past your period and still have high temps, you may be pregnant.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sky_and_lavender View Post
For me, this varies from month to month, but sometimes it takes a few days into my period for my temps to dip below the cover line, though they usually are gradually dropping during that time, rather than keeping a sustained high. I think this is considered a variation of normal.

If you are past your period and still have high temps, you may be pregnant.

:

This will happen to me sometimes.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, ladies! I will go read the other thread right away! I did take a pregnancy test last night and it was clearly a BFN. But now I'm more confused than ever. My period usually lasts five days and is heaveist on my third day. Well, that is today, and I woke up with NADA.

This is so weird that I am actuallt hoping I am NOT pregnant, it seems like this is so wrong....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I read the other thread and someone had mentioned having had an IUD removed recently. I think I"ll chalk this weirdness up to that, too. I had my copper IUD removed back in September and bled for a couple of days. But I've had a normal period since then and since we started TTC?

Anyhow, I just hope that two days of a light AF isn't going to disrupt our chances of concieving this cycle! I have long cycles... and have not shown ovulation signs til days 31-32 for my past two charts. I don't have time for messed up cycles! LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.