Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My babe is not quite 3 months old, and I think my AF may have returned already. Friday night he slept for six hours straight without nursing, which is by far the longest he's ever slept, and I started bleeding during the night last night. The thing is, though, it is VERY heavy, and I have passed a couple of really large clots (about twice the size of a U.S. quarter!). I had a LEEP procedure done almost two weeks ago and never really had any bleeding after that, so maybe this is from that? My periods have *never* been heavy like this. WDYT?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Despite EBF, AF returned when DS was 4 weeks old! And, it was just as you described--heavy, clots, etc., My next few cycles were just as heavy and even now, DS is 2.5 and they're nothing like they were then, but still heavier than they used to be.

Did you have a c-section? i did and have always figured that had something to do with it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My AF returned at 5 mos, despite EBF on demand, many times at night, etc, etc... and mine was also heavier, although months later it is not so bad. I don't know what the LEEP proceedure is, so you may want to check with your care provider, but EBF doesn't always keep AF away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.