Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I'll be happy to look it up in my Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year - but sorry - what is AF?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Oh :LOL

Okay - here is what the book says:

There are a whole bunch but here's a few:

ginger root tea: put 1 tsp. powdered ginger in cup and pour boiling water over. Cool a bit and drink. No more than 4 cups per day/discontinue after 5 days. If ginger makes you nauseated, you may be pg.

angelia root- tincture 10 drops 3 times daily for 4 days

vitamin C: ascorbic cid - 6000 mg daily - take 500 mg every hour for 12 hours a day up to 6 days.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks
I ought to get that Wise Woman Herbal.

interesting about the vitamin c. i thought i had read that if you took that regimen and you were pregnant, you could injure the fetus. though they recommended 6-10 days of use....so maybe that's when it's dangerous.

Anyone heard of taking parsley?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I looked at the section again - the vitamin C and some others (not other ones that I sent you) say they are oxytocic (stimulates contraction of uterine muscle) - use only with focused attention and acute sensitivity to the body's reactions.

About parsley, it says drink parsley juice (no amounts given) or insert several sprigs in vagina, change twice daily for 3 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.