Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you find really soft wool for a good price? I really wanna support the spinning/dyeing WAHMs and I want them to get the money they deserve, but at this point I just can't pay it
:

Knitpicks wool is pretty good, but I find that for my neck/head and for my baby, it's just not soft enough.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sigh... it takes me *forever* to make up my mind, looking for better deals on ebay, etc etc. My waffling is actually a great money-saving technique because by the time I actually feel ready to pay, one of my kids has demanded my attention and then I have to start all over again

·
Registered
63 Posts

But I only use recycled wool. I might be tempted if like puravidacoffee, the money went back to Uruguay to help build up the people there, but this:

Thanks for your interest in 100purewool. Our mission is to supply the best handpainted wool from our country Uruguay. The idea grown during 2002 with the help of others productors that work with handpainted wool in the Uruguayan fields. With the study of the painiting materials used and the special procedures for the right care of the natural properties of the virgin wool, we end up having a first quality product. Nowadays we work separately in the sale process. This was necessary due to the special conditions that the handpainted wool needs and the storage of the product, added to the special care we have with the clients. We will be adding extra features over the next few months, so come back regularly. You can contact us at: [email protected]

does not hint at that. Anyone know?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lúthien Arcamenel

But I only use recycled wool. I might be tempted if like puravidacoffee, the money went back to Uruguay to help build up the people there, but this:

Thanks for your interest in 100purewool. Our mission is to supply the best handpainted wool from our country Uruguay. The idea grown during 2002 with the help of others productors that work with handpainted wool in the Uruguayan fields. With the study of the painiting materials used and the special procedures for the right care of the natural properties of the virgin wool, we end up having a first quality product. Nowadays we work separately in the sale process. This was necessary due to the special conditions that the handpainted wool needs and the storage of the product, added to the special care we have with the clients. We will be adding extra features over the next few months, so come back regularly. You can contact us at: [email protected]

does not hint at that. Anyone know?
Actually, I don't know. But you could e-mail and ask and then get post to let us know what you find out! I know that the yarn I got had Uruguayan stamps on the box, so it did come directly from Uruguay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered from an online store that is going out of business. The folks on the knitty board said the service is good, and the price is sure right! I got 6- 100 gram skeins of Crystal Palace Iceland 100% Merino Yarn for 36.15 including priority shipping. It's a bit thicker than most soaker patterns call for, so I'm sure that I'll have to mess with the gauge a bit. And there is not much stock left! I am eagerly waiting to get it in the mail!

http://wildstring.com/tab1/store/cat...ace_Yarns.html

Theresa
primary knitter for James and 6 little sprouts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alison
Actually, I don't know. But you could e-mail and ask and then get post to let us know what you find out! I know that the yarn I got had Uruguayan stamps on the box, so it did come directly from Uruguay.
I'm awaiting their answer...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.