Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I want to get my Implanon implant taken out.  For various reasons--mostly the irregular periods, ie bleeding for over a month straight, if not bleeding every other week.  Gah!  I've had it up to here!  But, after that, what should I use for birth control?  I'd like to go back to FAM, but since our last baby was conceived using that, rather misusing it, DH is apprehensive and wants me on something more "reliable".  I honestly do not like hormonal methods.  I'm 80% sure I'm done having kids.  DH claims to be 100%.  I say 80 because if he sells his book, and we make enough that I can get out of the army--at least enough to go reserves--I could probably talk him into another baby, especially if I can SAH.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Choices--BCP.  Hormonal.  Have to remember to take it daily; Nuva-ring.  Hormonal.  Take it out once a month.  Diaphragm--use with FAM.  Cost of spermicide.  NFP--must abstain during "fertile" periods.</p>

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
<p>The obvious one that springs to mind is Paraguard, a non-hormonal copper IUD. I've had mine for a year and I love it. It's not-hormonal, super reliable, really convenient, and if you use it for three years it's one of the most cost effective methods out there. Cons: High up front cost, some women get bad cramping and heavy bleeding (I had slightly heavy bleeding, and my cramps actually went away). </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts