Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who attended pox parties...

Do you stay home during the time your child might be contagious, but before you actually see anything, just in case so you do not expose random people? So you don't know if your child has actually caught CP yet, but are playing it safe for others you might be around who don't want it.

Or do you just go about your day and activities like normal until you see the signs?

Thanks!

Anita

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would go out for a week or 2 and then start to lay low. The main thing I would not do 1 week after exposure is attending play groups w/ people that would not be ok with it or dropping them off in daycare and church nursery. Other than that- I wouldn't be worreid about other normal out and about activities where your child wont have direct contact w/ many other people unless I spotted symptoms.
And for what it's worth- my son at 10 months came out w/ pox 1 day after having been in the church nursery w/ 10 other kids all under 1 (so unvaxed) and they had snack together and i'm sure shared some toys that someone put in mouths- and none of the other kids came down w/ it.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I stayed home. I just couldn't take the risk of exposing a pregnant woman unknowingly. We were exposed accidentally and then we hunkered down for two weeks prior to the first symptoms and then the week we had them. I actually had to cancel our trip to the West Coast and we lost the money on the tix b/c they were non-refundable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.