Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I live in Canada. A friend of mine from Mexico and is helping organize a fundraiser for some communities in Mexico that were hit hard by flooding. They are showing a film "Heroes Verdaderos" which is an animated film in Spanish.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He has invited me and DH to bring our son (3.5 yrs) as he knows we have been learning Spanish and even though we won't understand everything, it's for a good cause.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We don't have tv and my son has watched very little in the way of DVDs (some Dora and Diego, Arthur, maybe one or two other things...) I am trying to figure out whether the film is at all appropriate for him - I know there is violence (sword fighting) because it is a historical recount of Mexico's independence. I am okay with explaining some of that to him. I have seen some trailers but they really show very little. I have found a few articles about it and used Google Translate to translate them into English (my Spanish is pretty basic). Nothing I have read indicates what age it would be appropriate for.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm wondering if anyone has seen it (or speaks Spanish and can find something online that I couldn't!) and could advise me either way.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts