Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dominick will be 7 on Nov 25. The cut off for paper work to be in for this school year is Oct 1, 2006.

Do I have to file paper work this year as he will not be seven until Nov 25? Or would I still have to file even though he is 6 as he will be seven during this year?

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I just wait until Oct 1, 2007 then or would I have to file on his birthday?

Sorry these are silly questions....I am just feeling really moved to do NO MORE then absolutely required.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If it is like it is here in VA, you would not file until 10/1/07. The cutoff here is 5 on or before 9/30. My older son was born 10/3 (will be 5 this year) and so we do not have to add him to our notice of intent until the 2007-08 school year which is the year he'd enter kindergarten if we did not homeschool.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
In NC my understanding is that you file the school year they turn 7...the year they would be required to attend first grade. Do you have a local hs support group? I get my best advice from the btdt parents a bit ahead of me.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chfriend
In NC my understanding is that you file the school year they turn 7...the year they would be required to attend first grade. Do you have a local hs support group? I get my best advice from the btdt parents a bit ahead of me.
That is what I am kind of thinking.

By worldly standards, he will be in 1st grade this year. (We are not doing letter grades nor grades as in 1st, 2nd, etc.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.