Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our peds has asked us at WBV. I am wondering if anyone has any information on this questionnaire and what it is measuring. I am going to ask the peds but wanted to find some info myself 1st. Do anyone have experience with this? Something about it isn't sitting right with me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've done the ASQ with DD, it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I think it's just looking to see if baby's development is on track, trying to catch any possible delays as early as possible. At the hospital DD was born at, they came around to all the new moms and asked if they wanted to be signed up for it; so it's for everyone. I'm curious as to what "isn't sitting right" with you?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were a few things that did not sit right:

-we did not review it at the appointment, just handed it in
-we were not given any info about it or why
-the form had us fill out info our peds knew such as BD, our names, GA at birth, any medical problems, etc
-there was a stamp with the peds office address on it. Why would that be on there if only our peds was looking at it?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa2005 View Post
There were a few things that did not sit right:

-we did not review it at the appointment, just handed it in
-we were not given any info about it or why
-the form had us fill out info our peds knew such as BD, our names, GA at birth, any medical problems, etc
-there was a stamp with the peds office address on it. Why would that be on there if only our peds was looking at it?
Not being snarky, I promise...if it didn't sit right with you, why'd you turn it in? Or why fill it out before finding out WHY you were filling it out? I'm notoriously private with any and all real information concerning my family - I always question anything and everything. Ask your ped about it, could be a simple explanation as to what it is. I think a lot of us forget we ARE allowed to question our doctors. They may not like it, but that doesn't mean you can't do it!

~heather

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by paradoxia13 View Post
Not being snarky, I promise...if it didn't sit right with you, why'd you turn it in? Or why fill it out before finding out WHY you were filling it out? I'm notoriously private with any and all real information concerning my family - I always question anything and everything. Ask your ped about it, could be a simple explanation as to what it is. I think a lot of us forget we ARE allowed to question our doctors. They may not like it, but that doesn't mean you can't do it!

~heather
Not taken as snarky as they are fair questions. I did not fill out the whole thing as I said, some of the info my peds should know and other things I thought we could discuss when we reviewed it. I filled out what I did b/c I thought we would discuss it during the visit as I remembered with dd1 filling out questions on different subjects occasionally and then we discussed what it meant during the visit. It was the 1st time this questionnaire came up. I planned on leaving it in the diaper bag until I found out what it was about but forgot about it and it never came up during the visit. After the peds left at the end of the visit, I stepped out of the room. When I returned, my dh told me her nurse had suck her head back in for it and he gave it to her. Grrr. He forgot we were going to ask about it. I regret how it happened

I definitely plan on asking about it next time I speak to her and have no problem refusing to complete anymore unless I get an acceptable answer. I have no problem questioning doctors, editing consent forms, refusing things, and switching cp if necessary. I am really looking to see if anyone else has experience with this.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa2005 View Post

I definitely plan on asking about it next time I speak to her and have no problem refusing to complete anymore unless I get an acceptable answer. I have no problem questioning doctors, editing consent forms, refusing things, and switching cp if necessary. I am really looking to see if anyone else has experience with this.

I just hate when I hear about mama's filling things out, or doing things because the doctor told them to, and the doctor always knows best!

I know we don't tend to have lots of that type around here, but you never know.

I am a definite pain in our pediatricians a$$ and he doesn't do much to hide that fact. heh.

~heather

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.