Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I am at a loss of what to do. A while back DS started chasing DD down and sort of tackling her while she crawled. Basically he would crawl up behind her real fast and grab her diaper/pants/shirt, whatever he get his hands on, and hold her there while he climbed on top of (and sometimes completely over) her. We tried to redirect the behavior. Then it progressed to biting. He has eight teeth and has decided that she is his personal teether. He started chasing her down and biting her back. Then it was while they were sitting there playing he would reach over and bite her. Now he has added in pinching. I am at a loss of what to do here! I try to remove him from the situation. I try to redirect his attention. It always leads to him laughing and returning (or trying to) to do it again. He thinks it is hysterical when she screams and cries. I hated to do it, but I whipped out the “No! Stop!” the other day. I have been very careful about not using that word (no). His reaction? It is oh so funny. I make sure I am not smiling; I know I look displeased, not happy and yet he laughs and laughs. What can I do? People have suggested I use his lip and press it down briefly on his teeth, so he feels what he is doing to her. I hate to say it, but I am contemplating this (and I HATE this idea) because my poor DD has a back that is a road map of teeth marks, BROKEN skin and nasty pinch mark/bruises. Please give me an idea of something else to do. I really don’t want him to “bite himself”, but I need ideas of what else to do, as I have run out.<br>
BTW they are almost 14 months old.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
No ideas but I can totally relate. My smaller twin is so mean to his brother! The poor guy is covered in bite mark bruises - lots of them on the shoulders and some on the belly, legs, feet & back. The worst part about it is that now the larger one has decided that biting is the thing to do so he's started it too. AND they both have taken to shoving eachother down (either from pushing head on or from the back). They fight all the time now! But it all started with the one being very bully-ish. I hope it gets better for all of us. I'm guessing it's pretty common, sadly enough. Oh, mine are 16 months, fwiw.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
My bigger twin does this to his brother too.<br><br>
He is a biter, and loves to tackle his brother and bite himon the back, or grab his hand and bite his fingers.<br><br>
The wierd thing is though, he doesnt seem to be bothered when the smaller twin does it back to him. He actually laughs when he gets bitten...I dont know why.<br><br>
The smaller twin has really started to become emotional when he gets picked on...and now when anyone in the house is crying he gives them loves and hugs and kisses....cept his twin...lol...go figure<br><br>
Oh and mine are 19 months

·
Registered
263 Posts
My girls are 3 1/2 and I've been battling this since they were around 1. The difference is that my little twin is the one always hurting her sister. She is the oldest though. She's aggressive to everyone when she's in one of those moods. It's so weird because she's always been the neediest, most attached, but she beats the crap out of her twin and she even intimidates my 6 year old. DP and I have actually gone to counseling to try to figure her behavior issues out. We've done some sort of re-enactments of her birth with her. Not sure if it's helped yet. She was born almost 7 hours before her sister and I wonder if the fact that we didn't have much time to bond because I was laboring is why she needs soooooo much attention. It does get old though and the other twin will never stand up to her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts