Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't remember this happening with DS. i am so frustrated, since i only fit into about 10% of my wardrobe to begin with. probably 80% of those clothes are stained right in the booby area. i can't believe it doesn't come out in the wash. does anyone else have this problem?? i am quickly running out of clothes i can wear in public!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I don't have that problem but I've used Shout to get out all kinds of stains (poop, puke, belly button ooze, etc.) and it worked great. I just spray it on, rub it together and throw it in the wash with an organic laundry soap. I totally understand your frustration seeing as how so little fits right now.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Spit up is staining my clothes, as well as breast milk. DH was pissed b/c sometimes I wear his undershirts, and he put one on to go work out and there were two big circular stains! Oops. I use Shout spray, the one that's for set in stains, and that seems to help. Oh, and I wash everything warm/cold and use oxyclean.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Not having any stains here, but I don't know if it's from something I'm doing or my bm is just not staining... FWIW we use Bioklean detergent and wash warm/cold.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
wait-you wear clothes? lol just joking as i stay home and wear a shirt maybe 1 time a week!
maybe try oxiclean?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahlea View Post
wait-you wear clothes? lol just joking as i stay home and wear a shirt maybe 1 time a week!
maybe try oxiclean?
heeehee, this made me laugh. i do wear clothes, albeit the same ones for days.
we use 7th generation detergent......i definitely need to get some shout then. i just don't remember having these problems with the first kiddo. and i refuse to buy more clothes, i will eventually fit back into the ones i have. one day.

i do love the all-PJ days, though...........i could give a rip what those look like!

·
Registered
851 Posts
my milk/babies spit-up stains sometimes too..... I've been told it has to do with the fat in the milk?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I get oily stains from it sometimes. If Shout doesn't take them out, a squirt of Dawn (dish soap) usually does the trick, even on the set in stains. And I had really good luck with OxyClean taking out old, yellowed spit up stains on the baby clothes I took out of storage--though it will fade some colors, so be careful. I actually used it on some of my unbleached prefolds that mildewed in the diaper hamper--it only faded the mildew stains, but the prefolds themselves are several shades lighter now, LOL.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Since I'm using cloth diapers and SAH, I do laundry every day. I find that I have nothing like the staining I had last time (breastmilk on shoulders of baby clothes, spit up stains on her outfits and mine, and the poop blowouts) because I'm washing them w/in 24 hours. The only stains I've really had came from when I went more than a day before washing. Not that anyone needs more laundry, but I'm happy that this is the way mine is going this time around since I'm not a big pre-treater for laundry stains.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Jasper's projectile vomiting is staining everything with nasty oily stains, too, and I have two tops I can wear in public. I was using oxyclean but it was taking color out of anything dark, so I stopped. I use bac-out as much as I can and I'm back to a squirt of Dawn with every load. Haven't tried that on the stains that seem set, though. I'm using sposies at the moment until he stops vomiting because the extra laundry is ridiculous.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, i haven't gotten to the store yet, but today i tried a stain removal technique a la my mom, and it totally worked!! for milk and puke stains (yes, that had already been through the dryer), i am so happy i thought i would share:

she told me to pre-treat the stains by rubbing in some laundry detergent (i use 7th gen lavender) and rub in some baking soda on top. i let them sit maybe 30-40 mins and washed 'em. EVERYTHING came out! i can't believe it!!!

:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
...and I have two tops I can wear in public.
i completely empathize. i have a dark grey cardigan that i started wearing over everything....at least it made me feel like people weren't staring at my nasty clothes!

p.s. plus it adds some nice privacy for nursing in public. bonus!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.