Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just needed to share this with those who would understand. It seems like just yesterday that dd was a tiny infant, and suddenly I looked down at her, and there she was - nursing while clutching a car in one hand and simultaneously holding a book in both hands, turning the pages while "reading." And since it was a book of different sounds, she was also attmepting to make all of the sounds while still staying latched on
! It's scenes like this that make it all worth it!!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Ohhh, it is alllllll so precious to me, and moreso, b/c I know I'm on my last child. All the bitching and crying and even sometimes straight up hatin on nursing.....**sigh**, when I see that little boy stop playing b/c he wants his durshies or nurnies or mill (his words
), I KNOW I'm doing the right thing (he's 26 mos old). When his tum tum is full and he's drunk on the milk *I* made for him since he was first put on my breast, by me, at all of 20 minutes old, I know this is *right*. When I realize I carried in my womb, uhhh "shat" out, and then fed (sometimes soley, sometimes w/other foods and drinks, but ALWAYS w/love and comfort), for over 7 years combined, 3 kids, I feel so empowered. Women are sooooo freakin cool. I'm so glad I'm not a man at times like this. I'm so thankful I can give this to them. I'm so thankful I was given such a wonderful gift thrice. I'm so very very happy that I could provide for them thru all these years and KNOW it has helped guts, saved guts and made some sweet little boys all the sweeter to me, who will grow up into wonderful men. I just feel so much joy and it might sound funny, but a LOT of that has to do w/something so natural-mama milk.
Ok, now I'm all
: and
and
:

·
Registered
102 Posts
My DD is only 16 months old but she says a version of "bless you" whenever anyone sneezes. Today DH's allergies got a hold of him this morning and he was sneezing left and right. DD was nursing and while still latched on, got out a "bess oooo" It was too cute.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Awwww, thank you for this thread. Sometimes I need taht reminder as DS can have his days where he is soooooo attached to me all day and wanting to nurse every 5 minutes..... I hadnt thought about it recently, how he started out, his teeny little body fitting in teh crook of my arm while his little head bopped about his wide open lips seeking the nipple. Now he is this octopus child with arms and legs everywhere and latching on like a pro. He calls nursing "ta ta" and will latch off every once and awhiel to proclaim with glee and adoration "TA TA!!!!!!" and then latch back on. I love this time with him so much.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Awwww, thank you for this thread. Sometimes I need taht reminder as DS can have his days where he is soooooo attached to me all day and wanting to nurse every 5 minutes..... I hadnt thought about it recently, how he started out, his teeny little body fitting in teh crook of my arm while his little head bopped about his wide open lips seeking the nipple. Now he is this octopus child with arms and legs everywhere and latching on like a pro. He calls nursing "ta ta" and will latch off every once and awhiel to proclaim with glee and adoration "TA TA!!!!!!" and then latch back on. I love this time with him so much.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just popped on here to take me back. My babies are now 12 and 13, and of everything I miss the most, it was nursing. I gave 10 1/2 months to my daughter, who quit nursing when I got prego w/ my son (I cried for 3 days, because she was rejecting me, and I tasted my sour milk and forgave us both). I nursed my son until he was 32 months old. People would ask when I was ever gonna quit, and I told them when HE is ready! He used to beg...."mommy, I pweeeeese have bwest." I'd tell him towards the end it was yucky. He'd just beg and plead, telling me how good it was. I couldn't help but give it to him. I have 2 of the healthiest children, no cavities, and very bonded to their momma. I love all of your stories, and thought I'd just share what lies ahead for all the right choices you're making.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My DS has named my breasts "sip" and "switch", and he will ask for which breast he wants by name

The other day he was nursing and he had this look of total hapiness in his eyes, so I said, "Good Milk?" and he unlatched and said, " 'Licious milk, mama.. tank ooo" and latched back on
:

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Aww.. these stories are all so sweet!
My dd is now 21 months and still nursing pretty frequently.
This morning ds was goofing off and making dd laugh while she was nursing and she just kept giggling and giggling, while she was still latched on. It was pretty funny

(I have to remember this when she attacks me at 3am and grabs me, yelling "ersh! MINE!"
)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.