Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>hey ladies.. i was wondering if anyone knew of a great natural birth friendly provider that takes ahcccs?!</p>

·
Registered
203 Posts
<p>The birth center definitely does- I had my son there in 2009 and I had AHCCCS. We ended up paying a few hundred dollars out of pocket for all the prenatal care and birth. I think they would be your best/cheapest option.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using a home birth midwife this pregnancy, and she gave me a $400 discount because I'm still on AHCCCS. If you want her contact info, PM me and I'd be happy to share it.</p>

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>thanks ladies! i live in mesa :( booo sounds like tucson is more birth friendly :/</p>

·
Registered
54 Posts
<p>Mama,<br>
Check out Nurturing Hearts Birth Services in Mesa.  Stephanie is a homebirth midwife, and while I don't know if she accepts AHCCCS I do know that she or one of the doulas who works with her can give you a referral to a provider who is natural birth friendly in Mesa.  Google her, and you'll find her contact info :)</p>

·
Registered
203 Posts
<p>Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were in Mesa. There are tons of home birth midwives in the Phoenix area, plus several birth centers. If you can't find someone who takes AHCCCS, I bet you can find someone willing to work with you on a payment plan. </p>

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>i used stephanie for my daughters birth and did not have the best experience. but thank you for the response! (she also can't take ahcccs) </p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts