Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went into the bathroom and i had a ferocious itch around my nipple, ( TMI) then for curiosity sake i squeezed it and lo and behold liquid came out i jumped back like a snake had bit me! showed my partner and then crying fell in bed totally overwhelmed. now ive processed it for a minute but it wasnt anything i was expecting this early more like a 27 week thing not a 17 week thing! what a crazy and strange thing to have jump out at you for the first time!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I started leaking around 20 weeks with my first pregnancy, so it sounds like you're right on track to me! And don't get too upset about it, you'll leak a LOT more once baby is here!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Leaky over here too! After I showered this weekend, gobs and gobs of moisture was coming from my nipples. My breasts have gotten a lot heavier and firmer recently too.

This isn't the first time I've had leaky breasts, though it is my first pregnancy. Last fall, they started leaking, though lots less than now, and continued until I got pregnant, then dried up until now. Then it was just a hormone thing, but now there's a lot more fluid. It is seriously strange the first time, and I have do explore just how squeezing out liquid works, because, hey, look what I can do! It makes me nice and confident that I'll have a well-fed child!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasnt so much afraid as an over whelming rush of emotion made it all seem so much more real especially because I havent heard the heart beat so its was the first big sign for m:joye! Im so excited

·
Registered
603 Posts
Congrats! A always love a good sign like leaky breasts or baby kicking! I have had several ultra sounds and heard the heart beat, and even though I am already huge and my boobs are swollen I still don't feel pregnant. Then I ate a hot pickle (this is a normal snack for me) and he started kicking like crazy!! Stuff like this really helps and don't feel bad for crying I did it to when I felt my first kick!!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Wow! I'm abnormal... I didn't know until my sisters had kids that liquid could come out when you're still pregnant! I had a rough time getting started nursing with DS, but with DD my milk came in within 12 hours, but not a drop while I was pregnant... and DS nursed for part of the first trimester.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have been having this since around 10/11 weeks this time. My nipples are crusty (sorry, TMI!) and at first I was wigged out because with my first I didn't notice any leaking until around 26 weeks and never any crusties...eww. I think there is a real range of normal though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No worries, it's completely normal to happen in pregnancy! It is surprising though isn't it? I was shocked when I realized I was leaking as early as 7 weeks! I also had no idea it was possible to happen so early. My midwives were super supportive in trying to frame it as a positive about how my body was already getting ready to feed my little one. Here's to hoping it is a sign of easy bf to come. I've also found putting a little pit of (unscented) lotion on my breasts helps with the itching and crustyness. (yea, it grosses me out.)

·
Registered
565 Posts
So y'all made me curious and I experimentally squeezed one of my boobs. Lo and behold, stuff came out of my nipples! My response is totally 12 year old boy, "ew gross, weird" amusement. Haha. I'm so not into the magic of pregnancy. Very glad I'm not actually "leaking". After I squeezed, I was afraid that I had like pulled out a stopper or something and I'd start dribbling, but that's not how it works, apparently. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.