Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD recently became a super soaker, so I am trying to catch up with her! She has soaked through all AIO and pockets at night recently, so right now she is in Happy Heinys with 3-4 hemp inserts and her poor butt is so big it looks uncomfortable! I just bought a wool soaker and two hemp fitteds off ebay so hopefully that will work - I'm low on cash AND PayPal, so I've got to look for cheap solutions. Any suggestions?<br><br>
Ari is 8.5 mo, ~20 lbs, is sz. L everything, and beginning to crawl!<br>
TIA

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was gonna suggest hemp and wool, but you are already on that track. Good luck, mama, I just dealt with the same thing from my ds.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I was going to suggest Nighty Newts from Little Lounging Lizards -<br>
We have several NN - both the soakers and the pre-folds, and they work WONDERFULLY. Actually my favorite combo for overnight is a NN soaker in a Fuzzi Bunz, topped with an Aristocrat. Bulky, yes - but it works for us!!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Wool liners. Put them under the inserts in a pocket diaper. They help SOOO much. <a href="http://www.punkinbutt.com" target="_blank">www.punkinbutt.com</a>

·
Banned
934 Posts
We've tried about everything at night and so far the only thing that doesn't leak is - as odd as it sounds - one of her smaller cotton prefolds surrounded by a larger hemp prefold in a ME Airflow cover. Works every time and not too bulky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also chiming in to agree with the Hemp and Wool. It's the only thing that works for my Super Soaker DS. We use hemp fitteds with hemp doublers, but I have one hemp prefold (BabyKicks) that also works great. It seems alot of Mom's use the prefolds successfully; I just prefer fitteds. If cost is an issue, you may want to consider the prefolds.

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
Unbleached toddler prefolds and wool are working for us right now. My 20-month old ds can pee through ME OS, premium cpfs, growing greens (hemp) and some other fitteds. I mean pee a river out of it. the toddler cpfs in the newspaper fold are currently our best bet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts