Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pondering this for a while. When sewing AIOs, why do you sew the Aplix on after the dipe is finished? At least that's how all of the AIOs (both WAHM and mass produced) I have are sewn.<br><br>
In my head it seems easier to sew thru only one layer vs multiple. Also, sewing thru all the layers would make it more likely to wick, right?<br><br>
Can anyone offer insight into this for me? I'm sure there's a reason, but I'm not seeing it.<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I put the front aplix on before sewing the diaper, and the wing aplix on after. I have done it through all the layers on the front if I forgot about it, but I try not to.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I've noticed that the AIOs seem to wick more when I stitch the Aplix on last (through all the layers.) But, it seems sturdier and less likely to damage the diaper, than if it's only sewn through the outer layer. All I know is that I'm dying for a snap press! I so hope I get one for either Hanukkah, my birthday, or Christmas (we have a blended family, and my b-day's this month too!) HTH

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>rockerbabysmom</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I put the front aplix on before sewing the diaper, and the wing aplix on after.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Ditto. I absolutely don't stitch the front aplix through all the layers.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I used stitch the aplix only through the PUL. All the diapers that I have that were made like that look slightly destorted. The ones wehre PUL is sewn through the layers are all nice and neat.<br>
HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts