Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We live in Pasadena and just moved here about 5 months ago from NYC.  I've noticed my child has been much more stuffy and seems to be sick with colds double the amount that he used to be.  He hasnt entered school at all, so Im thinking its because of the move.  Im wondering if other socal moms can give me ideas they use and/or info for when/how to avoid crappy air:) Heres what I've learned from googling and browsing mdc.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>-get house plants for each room</p>
<p>-air purifier?  Im wondering if this is good or not because wouldnt i want my childrens lungs to learn to filter out bad stuff or is it not the same thing like immunity?</p>
<p>-humidifier at night because its so dry here</p>
<p>-i was wondering if having a fan on at night would be good for air circulation?</p>
<p>-do you ladies open your windows?  i do in the morning time but im wondering if this is a good idea because of all of the dust we have here as our screens are pretty covered with it</p>
<p>-only go outside before 11am and after 3pm?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Im starting to get a little concerned because we are expecting another baby in august-worst air time right?!-and i myself am having a hard time breathing when im outside because its so dry.  Is it just because im not used to it/  I've also heard that socal has a lot of childrens asthma and allergies, i cant help but think its the air...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and lastly:) is it true that cities near the water are better air quality? is pasadena really bad?  i get daily air quality updates and it says "good" everyday, but personally it feels awful:(</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts