Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!<br>
The Air Show is coming to NC next weekend and my parents and siblings are planning on going. Well DH and I want to go, and of course that means CJ would be going to. He'll be between 6 & 7 weeks old the weekend of the Air Show. Do you think he would be to little? I want to go but I'm not willing to risk my babe's ears just for a fun weekend away. I've never been to the Air Show before so I don't know how loud it is. My mom went last year and she said its not too loud but it still might be to loud for CJ. Any thoughts?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
We watched a Blue Angels air show last year in SF. It is pretty loud especially when they fly right over you. I had my DS in a front carry in a MT so I was able to cover his ears. It's an amazing show so I would highly recommend going. Just put CJ in some sort of baby carrier so you have easy access to covering his ears.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I actually called my ped and asked him this last year! It was Memorial Day so my girls would've been about 2 months old adjusted age. He said there wasn't any danger and they didn't need earplugs, but that they might freak out from the noise. It ended up raining so we didn't go anyway. I like the advice to wear him and just put your hands over his ears during the really loud jets.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
WAY TOO LOUD! We live near a base where they have them and when they fly over our house during shows even that is too loud! No way, IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts