Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air Travel with chariot stroller?
(cross posted in Canada forum...but so far no replies there so I thought I'd try here
)

Has anyone flown Westjet (or any other airline) with their "Chariot" stroller? (the enclosed one that you can convert to the ski, bike or hiking kit). It's pretty big and I'm not sure of the best way to package it up to survive the flight....and if it would even be small enough to be allowed? (it's definitely too big for a gate check). We're flying east (Ontario) for a week this winter and would like the wind/weather protection for dd (21 mo)...and to also pack the ski kit to take her on a few xc ski trails.

Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Does it fold down?

A friend has one and that thing is HUGE. Nice, but huge.

I made the mistake once of traveling with my Bugaboo. Obviously we had to check it. If you value your stroller and want to keep it in nice condition I do NOT recommend checking it.

Could you possibly rent a Chariot at your destination?

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I took my single BOB jogging stroller last summer when I was traveling by myself. I needed to to lug all the many things you need with small children. The airlines I flew weren't thrilled with gate checking it, I got a lot of grumbling but they did. I'd probably call and ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.