Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11669227/

Quote:
LONDON - A British Airways worker has lost an internal appeal against the company's refusal to let her wear a Christian cross over her uniform, BA said on Monday.

Check-in staffer Nadia Eweida was told in October she must not display a small necklace crucifix over her clothes. She was instead instructed to hide it under her blouse or cravat.

The 55-year-old had appealed the decision, arguing she should be entitled to openly proclaim her Christian faith.
I feel strongly that she should be able to show it off if she wants. I have no idea how religious protection works foreign though.

· Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilary Briss View Post
This is a good thing; faith has no place in the workplace. I remember how startled I was one day when I noticed a small cross hanging from a co-workers neck. Of course, I was even more startled by the copious amount of cleavage behind it.
:
Why shouldn't faith be in the work place? It can certainly lead to arguments (and has for me on more than one occasion). But what about religions that encourage things like scarves or whatever? Can't hide those as well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.