Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CallMeMommy View Post
She knew the rule before hand and she broke it. Her religion does not require her to wear the cross. My company has a "no visible piercings" policy, I'm not going to go get my nose pierced and then raise a fuss when I get fired over it.
If it was a Coptic Cross...then it is highly probable that she is Orthodox...Orthodox Christians DO wear crosses...it is something they do, that is VERY important to them...even the children do. I agree that she couldve put it under her shirt...I do that anyway..as I dont like doing things that bring undue attention to myself.

There is a big difference between a nose piercing and something that is HIGHLY significant to a person and their faith.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
I also wanted to say that many Coptic Orthodox actually have the cross tattooed onto their forehead or wrists...it is "that" important to them
(but I do still hold to what I said before about wearing it under her shirt)

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post
If I remember correctly from a previous article it was a Coptic Cross.

I wasn't sure about the significance (well, I knew it was associated with Orthodoxy) but if it is more "mandated" than in other Christian sects, that could alter my opinion on the subject.

I will say it is very important...in Communist Russia..Orthodox would continue to wear their crosses, even if it meant death or imprisonment.We wear it to continually remind ourselves that we are Orthodox Christians and to live our lives in humility and love and service to others. It is not just a piece of jewelry to us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.