Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i will be travelling this summer through Miami, Newark and Paris Europe - does anyone know if the airport security gate scan poses any health threats to the baby ? I am in my first trimester ??

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I did the same trip (from the West Coast) at the cusp of my first-second trimester. Have fun! Don't worry too much about cheese a la francaise! I didn't. It was so fun, the whole thing.

The one thing I was concerned about was the long flight and not getting leg swelling on the long flight. I bought support hose at my local pharmacy and drank lots of water - wow, what a difference! I usually have horrible swelling when not pregnant; and had none this time.

Here is the info I found before my flight about airports and pregnancy, very reassuring:

http://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q135.html

·
Registered
425 Posts
They are just metal detectors - so no issues there. Unless you lay down on the belt and go through the actual xray machine you are fine! The bigger issue is staying hydrated and getting up to move around during the flight. Don't cross your legs either. And most of all, enjoy your trip!

Michelle

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Interesting.....I never thought of that.

What makes a metal detector work?
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts