Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My neighbor just told me about an organic farm that sends produce to AK. Excited, I took a look at their site and signed up. Fortunately, I got a promo code from someone else and will be getting my first box at half price.

I don't get my first shipment until next week, but the selection is wonderful. Anyone familiar with it? Is their produce worth the price? Our selection of regular and organic produce is pretty poor so I'm hoping this is a good investment.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
Are you getting killed on the shipping?

Jenn

I ordered a small box since it's just my husband, toddler and me. The regular price for a small box is $35 to SE AK. I don't think it's a bad price for what I'll be getting. The feature I like most is that you can make substitutions as well as permanent exemptions. I hate brussel sprouts with a passion so they'll never send me brussel sprouts!

Here's the link:
http://fullcirclefarm.com/

If anyone is interested in trying it and you give them my name as a referral (pm me if interested), I get a free box credit. Of course, if you get referrals on your own, you'll also get a free box credit.

·
Registered
345 Posts
WE LOVE IT!!!!! Dh, our toddler and myself, we feel it is WAY cheaper than shopping at Fred's. We joined over a month ago, we get a small box every two weeks, with additions, we pay $45 every two weeks. TOTALY WORTH IT. We shop on the off week and don't need to buy much fresh
:

I say join, join, join!!!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
In Anch, we get a small box every other week for $36. You can have 3 permanent exemptions and each box you can make 5 substitutions. It's not cheap but it's quality and it makes you plan your meals more carefully around veggies then meat, etc.

I love that they have fruit as well as veggies.

Make sure you have a code when you order so your first box is 1/2 off.

They ahve a lot of pick-up locations and you can choose weekly or every other. You can also choose the size of the box and if you want add-ons.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by akkimmie View Post
WE LOVE IT!!!!! Dh, our toddler and myself, we feel it is WAY cheaper than shopping at Fred's. We joined over a month ago, we get a small box every two weeks, with additions, we pay $45 every two weeks. TOTALY WORTH IT. We shop on the off week and don't need to buy much fresh
:

I say join, join, join!!!

I did and I'm so excited! How many actual pieces do you get in a small box? The site seemed kinda vague to me.

I did compare prices of produce in this week's grocery ad and for non-organic produce, it looks like we'll be saving money going this route. Some weeks, though, I don't buy much...not as much as I should, anyway. This will give us more of a variety that I can't get here and we'll be able to try some new things.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We also get a small box every other week. I kept track what was in my first small box plus the additions (I don't recall what the additions were though). We order ~ $10 extra per box...

Here's what we got in our first box...
Blue potatoes - 4
Broccoli - 1 lg bunch
Granet yams - 4
Green leaf lettuce - 1 lg bunch
Purple top turnips - 6
Green onions - 1 bunch
Cremini mushrooms - 4
Garlic - 2 heads
Cilantro - 1 bunch
Collard greens - 1 bunch
Navel oranges - 4
Kiwi - 4
Granny smith apples - 4
D'anjou red pears - 4
Avocadoes - 2

We do enjoy the box, but remember if something is a miss with an item let FCF know and they'll replace it for free in your next order. (We got rotten potatoes once and in the next box we got a full replacement for free). They really do focus on quality.

Erica

·
Registered
678 Posts
we've been wanting to try this too! some of our friends do this over the winter, then get a local csa during the summer.
they love the quality of the produce they've been getting with Full Circle... seems like a good reminder to eat your veggies and a way to try some fun new stuff. (got a pummelo for my daughter from Freddys the other day- she really wanted the GIANT fruit- wasn't too excited when she found out it tasted like grapefruit though
)

anyway, thanks for the reminder!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Got an email back. They said:
"Thank you for your email. Yes, we are taking new members but it will take some time for us to open more sites.
Would you like to include your name and email on a waiting list to be notified
when sites open up?"

So, I'm on a waiting list, I guess. Wonder how long it will take?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got my first box yesterday. Overall, very nice looking produce. I am disappointed at how little was grown at Full Circle Farm and in Wa State.

However, I will continue to order since it's all still far better than my local selection.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get the little box every other week in Homer and i am very happy with the quality. I asked why so little was grown on the farm and was told it is because of the time of year that more from the farm will be added in the summer. You know the Growing season. here is a pictures i took of what was in the box the first time i got it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.