Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/s...8d4d91&k=70612

Quote:
An al-Qaeda strategist has warned Canada to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan or face terrorist attacks similar to 9/11, Madrid and the London transit bombings.

The threat, attributed to a member of the al-Qaeda information and strategy committee, condemns Prime Minister Stephen Harper for refusing to pull out of Afghanistan.

It also refers to Canada's "fanatic adherence to Christianity" as well as its purported attempts to "damage the Muslims" and its support for the "Christian Crusade" against al-Qaeda.
I hope Canada stands up to this.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuska View Post
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/s...8d4d91&k=70612

I'm Ascared.

NOT.

Have they ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

If not

BRING IT!

Whomever is threataning that that is full of absolute crap. Canada is WAY tolerant of Islam, We let those of the Islamic faith practice without hinderance, without persecution, and the arrests that were made earlyer this year were after a LENGHTY Investigation.

We do NOT "Fanatically adhere to Christianity" up here. We laugh at the right wingnuts down in your country more often than not. Heck even our Premier who IS a Christian is not a super right wing crazy. He's pretty darned moderate (OMG Did I just stand up for Stephen Harper??? ACK! it's the money..his bribe money is winning me over..I'm NOT A CONSERVATIVE!!!)

We will NOT pull out of Afghanistan until the Taliban is gone. We are hell bent on helping the Afghani people (whom happen to be on OUR SIDE of this BTW they didn't like the Taliban much...to put it mildly) The Taliban took control from the moderate government that is BACK in power now...

BRING IT you Crackpots..that's all I gotta say.

I've noticed the more they talk the less they do. 9-11, the Transit, and all that were done without warning. They gave a warning...*shrug* so they're just trying to scare us.

*flips the bird towards Al-Quaida*

DIAF

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it seems almost every year a new country is hit.
Bali
Spain
London

....just makes me wonder if Canada is next.

Quote:
Canada is WAY tolerant of Islam
Thats so true, but it doesn't matter to the terrorist. You're part of the "West" too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
That reeks of PROPAGANDA

Almost looks like the Republican ads down in Texas

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babytoes View Post
That reeks of PROPAGANDA

Almost looks like the Republican ads down in Texas
Ya think?

So, how should I panic? Run around in circles screaming in a clockwise direction? or a counter clockwise direction? I'm kinda new at this....so please direct me appropriately in the proper panic protocol

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
I have no doubt that they'd love to hit Toronto. It's weird... why attack countries like the UK, Canada, and the US were Muslims have it pretty well? It's not like Muslims are being oppressed or being denied the opportunity to practice their Islam. Perhaps the Al-Qaeda folks want all Muslims to be as miserable as they are living in so called "Islamic" states which seem to have forgotten so much of their Islam.

What's their agenda?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Why is Al Qaeda suddenly so big on "warnings"? And always such approriate timing? Got tired of the sneak attacks? Its almost as tho they were a fictional "Emmanuel Goldstein-esque" boogeyman.
<walks away mumbling to self>

·
Registered
306 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuska

Yes, I hope Canada withdraws troops from combat situations.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by umsami View Post
I have no doubt that they'd love to hit Toronto. It's weird... why attack countries like the UK, Canada, and the US were Muslims have it pretty well? It's not like Muslims are being oppressed or being denied the opportunity to practice their Islam. Perhaps the Al-Qaeda folks want all Muslims to be as miserable as they are living in so called "Islamic" states which seem to have forgotten so much of their Islam.

What's their agenda?
Jealousy? I dunno. I think they have their own twisted version of what Islam should be and the having it good just doesn't sit well. Sortof like self flagellents. They are miserable and unsure in their faith therefore Everyone else should be miserable and unsure in their faith.

Kindof like "My life sucks, everyone's life has to suck."

G-d Forbid adherants of Islam have basic human rights AND follow Islam at the same time...You swear in their eyes Islam and basic human rights just dont go hand in hand.

Bunchof Crazies if you ask me...

In a way I'm glad that Canada is taking a hand in taking out the Taliban. The world has no place for crazies like them. Taliban and Crew = Minority of Islamic folowers...just happen to be the most media blitzed of them.

Using the Taliban and Al Quaida as ambassadors of Islam is like using Fred Phelps as an ambassador for Christianity...just isn't right man...

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama ganoush View Post
yeah, exactly *how* should canada "stand up to this"?
I think we Canadians are supposed to run around in a state of panic while looking towards our fearless leaders to guide is and protect us from this oh so scary threat...

or something.

Is that the standard protocol when something like this happens? I'm not sure...

I've never been told to panic before...

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora114 View Post
I think we Canadians are supposed to run around in a state of panic while looking towards our fearless leaders to guide is and protect us from this oh so scary threat...

or something.

Is that the standard protocol when something like this happens? I'm not sure...

I've never been told to panic before...
you forgot-buy duct tape and plastic sheeting.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Quote:

No self respecting Canadian is ever without his or her duct tape

You also forgot surrender our rights to the government
:

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Damnit! I knew I forgot something...*sigh*

And yeah the whole surrender our rights to the government..that part is usually covered in the "Look to our Fearless Leaders for Guidance and Protection" part.

See Every few months we get a hit of this propaganda (To be honest I really dont think it's the AlQuaida mouthpieces that are funneling us this crap, I really think it's the GOP masquerading as such) and we do the same thing. Shrug our shoulders and go "Meh whatever..."

You just can't panic Canadians...not the way Americans get paniced...dunno why...I guess we're just more laid back?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The problem Al Quaeda has is that they let people practice their faith without government intervention.

Al Quaeda doesn't want Muslims to practice Islam unless it's their legalistic version of Islam.

And, no, Canadians shouldn't be reactive, just remain the same mellow laid back selves.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
See Every few months we get a hit of this propaganda (To be honest I really dont think it's the AlQuaida mouthpieces that are funneling us this crap, I really think it's the GOP masquerading as such) and we do the same thing. Shrug our shoulders and go "Meh whatever..."
I'm sorry I just have to snicker at this. This stuff is announced and funneled all over certain Islamic websites, Emirates Today, Islamic World.net, Al jazeera etc.....like Bush is really controlling all that. There is paranoia all right....and its at the wrong person and wrong group of people imo.

Dallaschildren, I think you have a point. Enough threats yelled, but with no response or action yields apathetic people, less caution.....and that is of course when the terror strikes. And yes its for real.....and they're banking on that. They did it before, why can't they do it again.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuska View Post
I'm sorry I just have to snicker at this. This stuff is announced and funneled all over certain Islamic websites, Emirates Today, Islamic World.net, Al jazeera etc.....like Bush is really controlling all that. There is paranoia all right....and its at the wrong person and wrong group of people imo.

Dallaschildren, I think you have a point. Enough threats yelled, but with no response or action yields apathetic people, less caution.....and that is of course when the terror strikes. And yes its for real.....and they're banking on that. They did it before, why can't they do it again.
And It takes no effort to set up a website, with a MySQL database, with a php bbs script. NONE. On the net, you only believe not even 1/8th of what you read.

Trust me, It wouldn't take much for GOP to set up an "Islamic Website" (Or Many) to keep it's agenda going....It's HTML CSS PHP and MySQL, not bloody rocket science...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts