Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a solution to this problem? dh's alarm clock wakes dd up. If it doesn't go off (he wakes up just before and turns it off), she'll sleep 30-45 more minutes. dh needs to wake up to go to work, but is there any way we can avoid waking up baby?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
If he's using buzz, could he use the radio instead? Might that help?

DD has always slept through dh's....

-Angela

·
Registered
221 Posts
We found that using a small battery-powered travel alarm clock works well for this problem, because dh can put it right next to his head or even under his pillow so he can hear it but we can't.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
DH uses the alarm clock on his cell phone, sets it to vibrate and puts it under his pillow. Though I usually hear it before he does and wind up giving him a little kick.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by heatherfeather
DH uses the alarm clock on his cell phone, sets it to vibrate and puts it under his pillow. Though I usually hear it before he does and wind up giving him a little kick.

Just what I was going to suggest....though I usually have to kick my DH too

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
We do the cell phone on vibrate or one beep here under dh's pillow or right next to him. Works fabulous for us. Dh also makes sure to run the bathroom fan for additional white noise while he's getting ready

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Nursing back to sleep only worked for me until my little ones were of the age when they realized, hey! someone's getting up and DOING something

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by georgia
Nursing back to sleep only worked for me until my little ones were of the age when they realized, hey! someone's getting up and DOING something

Yes! That's just what dd does... wakes up, sees me, and then goes, "Where's dad?" If he is not in bed, she's looking around for him and not going back to sleep!

Thanks so much for suggestions, everybody--very helpful. Now to convince dh to go for one of them....

·
Registered
14,311 Posts

DH's cell phone is set to wake him with an audible alarm, but it is the sort of thing that starts out low and gets increasingly louder, so he turns it off before anyone budges (we have b'H four children in bed with us). And yeah, if anyone who's nursing wakes, well, I nurse 'em. As per the PP.

·
Registered
341 Posts
We use the alarm on dh's watch- it beeps quietly enough that it doesn't disturb the kids, and it's enough to wake up dh.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
timely thread...as this morning dd and i awoke to dh's alarm clock and he didn't. 15 seconds later i had an awake and crawling baby, an irate and sleepy mommy and a snoring and oblivious daddy.
:

the cellphone alarm on vibrate is GENIUS!

thanks to the mamas who suggested that!

·
Registered
399 Posts
i bought a cheap clock at Target that plays CDs...i put a mellow CD in and keep the volume pretty low. i will admit that sometimes it takes me 5-10 minutes before i hear the music and wake up (i'm the one who works, DH wants to stay sleeping with DS
), but it has been a MUCH MORE pleasant way to wake up (for all 3 of us) than the horrible buzzing alarm i had.

never tried a vibrating phone though.

that just made me laugh really hard!
:

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Agian, the under the pillow alarm clock works for me I hear it then push dh out of bed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts