Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Are you taking them for constipation?

Start with 3-4 then take more or less to produce desired effect.

You don't need to worry about taking too many since alfalfa is a food. You'll just go to the bathroom more the more you take.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm taking them cause I read that it can help minimize blood loss at the birth or something. The constipation aspect appeals to me too! LOL

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I took alfafa when I was PG to help with anemia. The chlorophyll is supposed to help with iron levels and anemia. My MW told me to take 2-3 a day I think. They made me gag though so I wasn't very good about taking them. After my birth when I had a borderline PPH I really wished I would have taken them!

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! I've been taking one a day but the bottle says 3-5 (but I didnt think it would be the same for a pregnant person!) LOL

Michelle, I do drink that tea too (Traditional Medicinals) but only a cup a day and it's not very much alfalfa in it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Alfalfa seems to have lots of benefits
I'm taking it to raise my vit. K levels to avoid giving the baby the vit, k shot! I know it also helps with constipation and anemia.

My mw recommends working your way gradually up to 2 after each meal and 2 at bedtime (that would be 8/day.) Also to use the caplets or tea instead of tablets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.