Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever feel like no matter how often/long you leave your man with the baby....they still don't seem to get it? I fell like some days he does amazing - and other days its all awkward and hes just frustrated the whole time. I feel like i have to just fo it. Because eventually he just brings the baby to me anyway.... I would like to feel like i am not the only problem solver here!

any one else?
~Brandy

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I totally felt like this when my dd was a newborn. I finally figured out that for me, it went better if I did learn to "Let go and let dad". But still, there are some things that if I don't do (or at least ASK him to do) they would never get done. For instance, she would never get bathed!

I see you are on your second baby. I was HOPING he will jump in more with my second one, time will tell...

~Tracy

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I feel this way ALOT until my children turn about a year.

No advice.....just a

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ds and Dd have stayed with Dh on the weekends their entire life. I work weekend nights as a nurse :yawning: so that I can be a SAHM during the week. When I first started leaving them with Dh, I used to try and give him suggestions...things that worked well for me during the week. I finally learned to let this go and let him just do his own thing
. Even if he did listen to my suggestions, they never quite worked right for him. So now, my children have a completely different schedule of events with Daddy on the weekends than they do with me during the week. But, that doesn't seem to bother them...and I really think they enjoy the differences!!

So,
to you mama...you guys will find your groove eventually
!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.