Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this here because I think other metro mama's will understand...

This summer I got a blister from a new pair of sandals. Well the spot never healed right and in the last few weeks has gotten really really itchy.

Well, finally I decided I'd better do somethign about how annoying it was..not to mention ugly. So I started putting a bandaid and some bacitracin on it...no luck. Didn't get better.

So, one night I'm putting my two year old to bed and it comes to me! I contracted RINGWORM on my foot! Classic ringworm. Quarter sized circle, raised outer edge. Itchy! YUCK!!! EWW!! I'm 32 years old and I don't think I've ever had ringworm. till now.

I don't think I will ever again wear sandals in NYC! Atleast not bad fitting ones. ICK!

Lea

·
Registered
979 Posts
Oh, one little spot of ringworm is nothing. We adopted a cat a few years back who unbeknownst to us had ringworm. Before we realized it I had rings ALL OVER my body! Creams just didn't cut it, I had to go on oral antifungals for two months, as did the cat. Also we had to shave the poor thing so we could get the cream on her skin instead of just on her fur.
Fungi are ubiquitous and can be hard to kill, you can pick them up just as easily if not more so gardening in the country as in the big city. So I guess I'm just trying to help you not feel so grossed out, HTH.
Jen

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ugh...sorry Jyotir!

Make sure you dilute the GSE if you use it.

Does it make you wanna move to the country? I wanna go SO badly...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.