Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for hair care (not willing to go no poo just yet), bath care and lotions.
I really liked the look of Avalone products, but I noticed they still use parabens. Any suggestions? If no commercial products are safe is Avalone better than nothing?
Thanks,
Jacquie

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I -love- Giovanni tea tree triple treat shampoo and conditioner. I've tried their others and they are "okay", But the tea tree one is WONDERFUL.
For anything else (Body care stuff) I really like burts bees. While they don't use organic ingredients, they are really natural.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I love the Kiss My Face stuff - I use the Kiss My Face shampoo and the Giovanni leave in conditioner and my hair looks FABULOUS! Soft, manageable, doesn't get all greasy or limp. I love the Avalon body wash too - leaves my skin really soft, but the shampoo and conditioner over time caused build-up and my hair got tanglely.

On my dd, I use California Baby body wash (which actually is nice on my skin too), Tom's of Maine baby shampoo and California Baby conditioner - she's got lovely hair that has less tangles now than when I used regular stuff on her.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
www.aubreyorganics.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piratemomma
How can a company claim something is 100% organic if it has parabens?
They can't. Avalon claims to be 70% organic or something like that, but they're counting the water

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I haven't tried the whole line, but I just bought Jason's Natural Sea Kelp Shampoo Hair Moisturizing which has no parabens or SLS, along with natural and organic ingredients. My hair is thick, curly, recently dyed, and normally very picky. I was very impressed at how well it moisturized and how soft my hair felt afterwards. I can't vouch for the whole line, but I am looking forward to trying some of their other products.

I also like Burt's Bees because they list on each package what percentage of the product is natural.

As for Advanced Expressions and Renew lotion, I didn't care for the Advanced Expressions haircare line because it just made my hair frizzy. I love Renew lotion as well, but some people may not like the fact that it contains USP petroleum jelly.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peekyboo
On my dd, I use California Baby body wash (which actually is nice on my skin too), Tom's of Maine baby shampoo and California Baby conditioner

I used to LOVE California Baby, they use polypropelyne/propelyne or ethelene glycol as a preservative though

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by umefey
I used to LOVE California Baby, they use polypropelyne/propelyne or ethelene glycol as a preservative though

I'm not familiar with these. What's the downsides?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts