Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I have read on several diaper forums that it works well. I JUST got some yesterday and am literally doing my first load of dipes using the allen's right now. I am HOPING my search for the perfect CD laundry detergent will end here. I've had such a hard time finding one that works well, b/c not only do I have a front loader, BUT I have soft water that also has a lot of minerals too. I'll post back tomorrow after I've tried the allens laundered dipes on joshua to let you know what I think.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I have used Allen's Naturally on my dipes & I
how it works. We never had any build-up with it & it seemed to last a long time. I have used it with both a front-loader & a top-loader & it got my dipes clean every time. Good luck finding that perfect CD laundry detergent!

AmiBeth

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lillian
it gets my stuff clean but it also stains my clothes, as do all natural detergents.... its my water... i am so sad.

so now i have to use 'regular' detergents or everything looks like i washed it in coffee....
Oh no! I did not realize that natural detergents could stain! What type of water do you have?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I used Allen's Naturally forever and it did fab!!!!! My dipes were always clean looking and smelling. It seemed to get the poop out really well so I hardly had stains. I think it is an all around good detergent to use. Oh and the 5 pound box lasts FOREVER!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Allen's didn't stain the clothes. It is ANY natural detergent w/ her water.

I Am using Allen's right now. It works very well.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've been using Allen's for about 6 months now, and LOVE it.
I was using Purex before and was having stink issues with the diapers. Now they are so fresh and clean smelling. Plus I have been buying more pocket diapers and it doesn't cause build-up on them. I have the powder and use half a scoop for a full load of diapers. I estimated that the box will last me nearly a year (well, probably a little less now that I have to wash more often with 3 in diapers! But still a great deal!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.