Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I just got off the phone with the maker of Prevacid and the solutabs contain lactose and corn, but seem to be gluten and casein free. We are in the process of weaning off, but I am going to go quicker now that I know this stupid junk has CORN!

·
Registered
198 Posts
oh boy, i was just googling and came across this. i love when i google something and find a mothering.com thread!
anyways, my son has an ulcer in his small intestine and the dr. just prescribed the prevacid tablets that dissolve. is that what you are using? my son has a severe ana milk allergy and is also allergic to corn. he assured me he wouldn't have any allergy problems with this med but i have not used it yet because of the chance and i wanted to do my research. ahh!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we use the prevacid solutabs, likely the ones you have been rx'd.

I would maybe try a homeopath and see about Aloe Juice or Nux Vomica or some other tincture that could help

·
Registered
198 Posts
thanks, i called the customer service as well but they need to call me back. i am so glad i came across your thread. and even more glad i held off on starting the med until i did my research.
and i did look and his is the 15 mg solutab. ugh! it makes me sick to think that i even questioned the dr and he was acting like it was impossible!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.