Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dd has a red mark, bit bigger than a quarter, in one armpit. It's kinda raised and shiny. It's very humid here so I thought perhaps thrush. Then I remembered she tried a new food yesterday - 1/2 jar of organic sweet potatoes. How do I know if it's an allergy or thrush? About 2 weeks ago, she tried brown rice cereal twice and avocado once and got no reaction from them. Not in a real hurry with solids, this is her 4th 'meal' of solids in 3 weeks. dd is 7 months. Should I hold off on the sweet potato?<br><br>
Anyone else had this reaction? I never expected a reaction under the arm. Is that common?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
is it sore? if so i would think maybe a boil as it's humid and armpit is warm anyway<br><br>
allergic reactions i have seen to foods are either hives (not just one) or lumps around mouth where food has touched

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I can't say whether it's a reaction or not. But when I was about 4 I had a large cyst under my arm that had to be drained. It wasn traumatic or anything. I say if it doesn't clear up within a few days take her to the dr.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
emmaline, it doesn't appear to be bothering her so I guess it's not sore.<br><br>
Never seen a boil or cyst but aren't they like lumps? This is more flat but bright shiny red. It's in the creases of her armpit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts