Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit I don't know the first thing about allergies. Nobody in my family has allergies...that I know of. I don't think I've ever had close friends with allergies...of course, that I know of lol

I've always been a big egg eater, but I haven't been able to eat them in 2 years. I'm 2.5 mos preggo now and craving eggs
: I have to get this figured out...

The last two times that I ate eggs and did just fine was the night I went into labor with my son (wanted a hearty meal before leaving for the hosp at 5 am). I also had scrambled eggs while I was still in the hospital. Ever since that though, everytime I eat eggs in concentrated quantities (scrambled, batter
[I admit, I'm weak lol] , french toast, etc) I get stomach pains soooo bad about 30 minutes to 1 hr later. I don't notice a reaction from eating eggs baked or processed in things.....like mayo, baked goods, etc. The pain is definately in my stomach, its not an intestinal thing. The pain will have me curled up in the fetal position in bed for the next 6 hrs or so.

The last time I accidentally ingested some egg was when I tried to avoid the scrambled egg in fried rice at a restaraunt...not that I ate the rice and avoided egg, I didn't eat any of it. My fork did touch it a bit....I'm thinking I must have got a little of it. That day, the pain lasted longer - at least 8 hrs so the reaction was getting worse. Nothing else with the reaction though that I've noticed....just the stomach pain.

I've been reading through this forum on allergic reactions having to do with gut flora. One thing that came to mind was I got a mega dose of antibiotics during my labor with my son.

So, any ideas? Is there any hope for me?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
That sounds like it may be more of an intolerance than an allergy. Do you get any sinus problems? Trouble breathing? Itchy eyes? I am very allergic to eggs and last time I had some (a bite of a pancake), I started having trouble breathing. I do NOT think that kind of allergy is related to leaky gut.

But for the problems you're having, healing the gut may help. THere is a thread in the regular health and healing forum, I believe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was really an allergy...just an allergic type reaction from what I've read.

No sinus problem, no trouble breathing or itchy eyes....just really bad stomach pain.

I'll see if I can find that thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.