Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience dealing with wic when it comes to allergies? I have to speak with the nutritionist on tuesday because my mw said no dairy products but I'm just wondering how that is going to affect my wic. I know that they can change the milk to soy milk, which btw dh hates but loves rice, but what about the cheese part of my checks? Can they replace it with something else or will they just drop that part all together?

· Registered
610 Posts
It depends on where you are. Also, medical documentation is required for substitutions, meaning just b/c your mw said no dairy isn't a medically documented reason -- you will need specific allergy testing to prove a true life threatening allergy.
Of course, that could be different by state as well. WIC here is a pain to deal with.

· Registered
5,728 Posts
My kids are both sensitive to dairy and from what I read too much soy at a young age isn't good for kids. So WIC lets us do lactose free milk and they tolerate that just fine. The cheese doesn't seem to bother them although DS doesn't eat a lot of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.