Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I was debating whether to put this in here, or if it fit in a different forum, but here it is...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm wondering if any mamas have experience with allergies/health issues related to Selective IgA Deficiency.  DS was diagnosed by his pediatrician a few weeks ago after a 3 month (ongoing) run of diarrhea.  We see the immunologist/allergist next Monday.  In surfing about online, I see that food allergies are very common with Selective IgA Deficiency, as well as illnesses, and may be part of his gut problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS has always been the kid who gets EVERY cold/bug despite our very healthy lifestyle.  The current run of illnesses were 'triggered' with a set of foster kids placed with us, they brought a new set of germs that DS still hasn't recovered from.I am a tiny bit concerned about having foster kids in and out of the house, just due to his weakened immune system, but not enough to quit fostering at this point.  We just brought in a new set of siblings, who also came sick, so we'll see what happens.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, I see some less-than-pleasant health concerns associated with SIgAD (Chron's, Lupus, etc.) but I really haven't gotten too hypochondriac-y panicked yet.   But, I would love to hear stories of others' experiences.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts