Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<br><br>
I hope it is okay to post this query here. I have a 6 year old daughter who has severe year around allergies. The main symptom that she has is constant throat clearing. We tried claritin, zyrtec, advair. Nothing solved her problem. We are currently on homeopathic remedies. So far, it has not shown any improvement. My homeopath does say that it will take some time.<br><br>
What are my other choices ? Will acupuncture help ? It is very difficult for me to see her suffer, she clears her throat constantly and says her throat itches. If it is allergies, why wouldn't it respond to anti histamines ?<br><br>
Thanks if you have read this far. Please advise.<br><br>
-Nan

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Where are you? Also there is an allergy sub-board under Health and Healing that you should check out. Good luck.

·
Registered
887 Posts
variant asthma. He had been treated as if he had allergies or asthma our osteopath. He was formally tested for allergies and asthma around his 5th birthday (skin and extensive blood work) . He had neither allergies or asthma. We still tried working with a naturopath and doing an elimination diet to no avail. We tried Standard Process supplements to no avail. Head cat scans kept showing infection of his adenoids and a structural narrowing in his sinuses. The adenoids and sinus narrowing were harboring infection and nothing that we could do would bring my son to a point of being well.<br><br>
We met with an ENT at Texas childrens and opted for sinus surgery and adenoid removal. He just had surgery last week and has to go back for another proceedure next week. The ENT said he was pretty sure that this would resolve all of his problems...we are waiting to see.<br><br>
Long story short...excess mucous (snotty nose), coughing and throat clearing were my sons primary symptoms. He would clear his throat every 5-10 seconds around the clock when he was awake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts