Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm taking dd#2 to an allergist at Children's next Friday. At her 6 month appt she had one vax and the next day broke out so bad on her skin that I'm not letting her get any more vaxes until I get an answer. I've taken her to Lauren Fox for eczema, gave her the remedy, cut out dairy but that damn shot brought it all back again.<br>
So I was told to take her to an allergist. Has anyone been to the allergist for their kids? I've never been to one. Bridget will be 7 months old when we go. What should I ask for them to do or be leary of them doing? Any tips/suggestions/etc will be greatly appreciated!<br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
i feel comfortable recommending dr. michael young at so. shore asthma & allergy (i think that's the name). ds is allergic to peanuts and he has been very helpful with this issue. he is in weymouth and has privilages at children's & so. shore hospital. pm me if you need me to get you his number. good luck.<br><br>
fyi, as you know, you and i (our ds's) saw lauren fox on the same day for the same ailment and our ds's eczema is now almost entirely cleared up.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Who is Lauren Fox & where does she work?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lauren Fox is a nurse practitioner who also does homeopathic practice. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. She comes to the Cape once a month and is somewhere in the western part of MA (again correct me if I'm wrong).<br><br>
Lynda thanks! I'll look him up. I'm glad that your ds's eczema is better. Bridget is looking better, not scratching as much but she's still not 100%. I don't want to put her thru any unnecessary testing but I want to make sure what we're doing is what's right for her.

·
Registered
251 Posts
you got it right...she's a homeopathic practitioner who practices in northhampton, ma but also keeps office hours on the cape (mashpee) one weekend per month. so glad we found her!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts