Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas for a 1 year old with 8 teeth?

Ive been using Ezekial rice bread with avocado or mashed apple on it.

Also bits of Vans gluten free waffles with humuus.

And what about take along snack?

She likes black beans, they hold their shape well in a little ziplock.

Thanks for your ideas Mamas! I've always been a bit suspicious of feeing babies endless Cheerios, even the organic happy baby ones.

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
Meatballs were a really helpful take-along food for us. You can use the gelatin+water sub instead of eggs if you want to wait on eggs (or they're already problematic).

Are any of your allergies IgE? I'm not sure how new IgE allergies happen, but if you've got some, I'd probably make my own hummus without sesame seeds (it still tastes great, and I always added extra fat to ours). Sesame seeds are surprisingly allergenic, in the IgE sense.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
What allergens are you trying to avoid? I believe that rice bread has maltodextrin in it, which is corn. I used to give that to my baby until I realized it.

Palm shortening is the only spread that we could use. We don't really have any safe bread though to put it on anyways. I make muffins, but they are pretty moist so don't need spread.

~Tracy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.