Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start making smoothies for Carter and myself.

We could both use additional healthy fats in our diet, but his dietary restrictions have me stumped.

He can't have: dairy, soy, wheat, or coconut (which I love
).

Anyone have any delicious smoothies that would fit our needs?

·
Registered
786 Posts
All the smoothies I make fit for your allergies, there are a few threads here that have some really great smoothie recipes. Try searching and looking at the green smoothie threads, there are some really yummy things.

I always add fats to our smoothies, flax, raw sunflower seeds, and raw cashews top the list for that. For the kids I try to get in about 2T, for me I know it down to 1T for the fats.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Make chocolate smoothies with avocado in them (on the same idea as the vegan mousse that you make with avocado.) Or you could also add a squirt of flax oil to your normal smoothies if you son can have that...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Make chocolate smoothies with avocado in them (on the same idea as the vegan mousse that you make with avocado.)
Oh I love that stuff! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I make all fruit smoothies. A bunch of grapes at the bottom, then a banana, a few strawberries, an orange, maybe blueberries too or whatever you have, and some greens ( usually a handful of spinach or 1 kale leaf). The grapes at the bottom get "juiced" and are really liquidy and then you don't need any other liquids. One of the fruits at lest are always frozen which helps make it ice cold without ice which IMO waters it out and makes it foamy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.