Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a daughter (2.5 years) that is having such problems with excema on most of her body parts. She has terrible rashes on her legs, back, arms, bottom, and sometimes on her face. She eats such a simple diet because I've eliminated so many of the foods. She and her brother have food sensitivities to many things. Her brother was easy, stopped gluten/wheat and dairy and he was perfectly fine.

DD on the other hand isn't so simple and we have been dealing with this since she was 7 months of age.

Been to several pediatric allergists, both traditional/natural and mainstream. They haven't been all that helpful.

The natural doctor (environmental medicine pediatrician) told me to journal her food. Well, her reactions were not always consistent. She could have corn today no problem, and the next day break out in flaring excema.

I'm thinking about finding a naturopath doctor. Not sure exactly what they do or the type of testing they administer. Any ideas in the Chicago area. Would be willing to travel to central Illinois if we have to.

THANK YOU for helping me here!

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
My father in law is opening a homeopathic and integrative medicine clinic in St. Charles in a few weeks and will be doing allergy testing. PM me if you want more info.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Not a naturopath, but Dr. Turner's office up in Glendale Heights does NAET treatments - which we've found very sucessful for treating food allergies. I know NAET doesn't work with everyone, but we saw definite results will all three of our kids within a few treatments.

Also, have you looked into combination allergies (where something by itself isn't a trigger, but that plus something else creates a sensitivity?)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
alana1980, can you please tell me more about MSA testing? What is it exactly? What does it detect?

Thanks.

Laura

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.